Monday, March 21, 2011

Lindley



A pretty fantastic network of backcountry huts dot the greater Aspen area and are a prominent fixture in the winter adventures of many locals. Last week we assembled a great little group of snow gypsies and made our annual pilgrimage to the palatial Lindley Hut in the Castle Creek Valley. The trip happened to coincide with St. Patty's day so each of our packs was loaded down with an obnoxious amount of "water" weight. Needless to say raging and relaxing were the top priorities for the trip.

I began the skin to the Lindley with great friend and shred partner Erik Wardell around 1:30pm last wendnesday. I had already put in 18 miles that morning and Erik was carrying the burden of a ridiculously heavy pack so we were content to take our time and enjoy the incredible early spring weather. We stopped about an hour in to hydrate with a couple of warm Busch Lights before tackling the last hour of moderate climbing to our luxurious alpine home.

We arrived around 3:30 to a warm greeting of high fives, hugs, and whiskey slushies from our friends who made the trek earlier in the day. What ensued is kind of cloudy in my memory but was well documented by Erik in the pictures below:







I'm headed out to Utah this weekend to participate in the Antelope Island 50 miler. The weather has been very nice recently which has really added some enthusiasm to my training. I've been able to put in a couple hundred mile weeks and I'm starting to gain some confidence in my fitness. I got my first shipment from First Endurance last week and I'm beyond stoked about their products, particularly EFS Liquid Shot and Ultragen. Very impressed so far. I'll update post race. Fire it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment